Saturday 25 February 2017

FILMING NEWS BROADCAST OPENING SEQUENCE SCENE.



For the opening scene, we had filmed the news broadcast, in which I (HASSAN) was playing the role of the British news reporter, working for BBC World.

Displaying 20170221_103827.jpg
As a group, we had decided that the effect of the green screen would be beneficial and efficient as it could provide us with a sense of realism. We taught ourselves how to use a green screen by making sure that the bright lights were in the right position when filming. There were 2 lights on both sides in front of me in order to make me stand out and brighten up my face, showing that I'am the key feature of the scene. There were another 2 lights on both sides behind me, directing onto the green screen in order to ensure that my shadow is minimalised to the max. I also had to be in the correct position (directly in front of the camera) so everything balances out. An estimated time of 30 minutes was taken to set up the tables, chair and especially the lighting, camera and the green screen.

Personally, when filming my scenes, I felt that they went better than expected. Despite the fact that I received such a short notice for memorizing my lines, I came up with a technique that would ensure my lines to be memorized really quick. I had about 14 lines to remember whereby I had been writing 2 sets after the video had been paused, enabling me to break up the the heavy chunks into easier bite-size pieces to memorize.

Filming my news reporting scene had exceeded over 30 minutes as this was everyone's first time adjusting to the roles that they have been  given. There were many bloopers where I had forgot to say a particular word, or the accent was not great but I overcame that by re-doing those parts. This had allowed me to obtain the best set of results where I, alongside the group had felt that all my dialogues fit in with one another.

Learning about the entire process overall was explained to us by the technical media teacher, Mr.Phillips. He had provided us with the outlines for the camera, lights and green screen and had left us to work independently after providing us with the basic foundation facts we need to know. This had taken us approximately 1 hour overall. This was very beneficial for us because we developed our skills further each time, enabling us to get the best out of our abilities, therefore producing a fine and sound result.

I had rehearsed several times off camera, ensuring that I know my lines thoroughly and that I know when I should stop and continue. I had the entire copy of my dialogue and gave keywords on a sheet of paper to my other 2 peers in my group so that they know when they should stop recording ad start a new and fresh set to record. This contributed to efficiency and time management.

The green screen provided my news reporting scene with some verisimilitude and had really given the overall scene a huge boost in terms of seriousness and professionalism.

No comments:

Post a Comment